Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Events have no inherent meaning



You can never draw any conclusion, for sure, from an event. In other words, you can’t know anything for sure about anything merely as the result of an event or a series of events. All you can know for sure is that the event happened.


  • ·         Losing your job has no inherent meaning. It could mean you will now change your career to do what you’ve always wanted to do, and that meaning probably would make you feel good. It could mean that you will be out of work for a long time and use up all your savings, and that meaning would make you feel bad. What does the fact of losing your job mean? Nothing. What would the event make you feel? Nothing.

  • ·         You call (or email) a friend a few times and leave messages, but the friend doesn’t return the call (or email) after two or three days. The failure to return the calls or emails  would occur to most people as the friend does not care about me, he is rejecting me, and perhaps there is something wrong with me which is why the friend doesn’t care about me. In fact, the friend not calling back could mean he has been out of town and not getting his messages; it could mean he has been really busy; it could mean almost anything.
  • The Pope resigned. Period. That act is an event. Simple as that!

To really get rid of a negative feeling you need to dissolve the meaning that is causing the feeling.
First, recognize that all meaning exists only in your mind, in other words, that events have no inherent meaning.
Second, when you are having negative feelings, allow yourself to experience them fully. Don’t try to cover them up with positive thoughts.
Third, ask yourself what meaning you have ascribed to the event facing you that is causing the feeling.
Fourth, make a clear distinction between the actual event and the meaning that exists in the world. The only reason the meaning is able to affect you is that it appears to be part of the event, in other words, inherent in the event. As soon as you disconnect the meaning from the event and recognize that the meaning exists only in your mind—and not in the event—it is no longer “The Truth.” At which point it loses its power to create feelings. As a result, when the meaning dissolves, the feeling it causes does also.
From Trying to be “positive” doesn’t work
by
Morty LefKoe
@
http://www.mortylefkoe.com/positive-doesnt/#
Maybe that’s why ACIM teaches not to judge the present on the past because invariably YOU’ll be wrong.
I saw a neat article in the paper today. Yes, as Morty teaches, our parents caused our limiting beliefs through no fault of their own.
BUT, our parents are/were people too. They deserve our love and appreciation not just as our parents, BUT as people of value.   
Commitment to Principle
I pledge myself to celebrate harmony, abundance and support for everyone, in a spirit of equality and grounded in commitment, by living my life according to Principle, which means unconditionally loving and supporting myself and others just the way we are, trusting the Universe as I live in the moment from my peaceful center, fully and freely expressing who I really am.
From Patent’s  Mutual Support Group Handbook
@
http://www.arnoldpatent.com/wordpress/free-resources/mutual-support-group-handbook/

“There is no one as powerful as a person who feels loved and supported.” —Arnold M. Patent

Each of us has been gifted one or more talents, The expression of these talents–what we love to do is an enjoyable way of giving voice to the love flowing through us. Expressing our talents is a simple and fun way to relate to others in mutual support. —Arnold M. Patent


Reminiscent of Neville Goddard’s words in The signs always follow. They never precede.

Patent’s teaching are in line with those of Robert Scheinfeld (Busting Loose…) and also Grady Claire Porter’s Conversations with JC (Listening To Myself, Volumes I, II, II)
Daily ‘I AM’ Statements
1. I AM in the high joy vibration
2. I AM fulfilling my purpose in expanding my view of the Christ
3. I AM releasing any perception that would cloud my view of the Christ in all things
4. I AM releasing any judgement of myself, of anyone else, or any condition. Whatever is, is perfect
5. I AM releasing any fear, any doubt, any anger, any illusion that I perceive would separate me from the infinite love of the Christ
6. I AM aware of, accepting of and acknowledging the perfection of each moment in my experience
7. I AM aware of, accepting and acknowledging that I chose this human experience to remember and practice my perfection
8. I AM in absolute trust that I am constantly and consistently in alignment with Principle, with God
9. I AM BE-ing on purpose. There is nothing for me to do, to be on purpose
10. I AM expressing unconditional love in everything I do
11. I AM choosing peace and joy in all situations and under every circumstance
12. I AM open and willing to allow the Christ to express in me, through me, and as me.
Taken from the book, Conversations with JC: Listening to Myself – Grady Claire Porter

"The true and the only answer, solution, to all the problems that humanity suffers from is exceedingly brilliant, bright, luminous. The true solution is so bright that the inner eye blinks at its brilliance. It's too much for us.
It's so far out of our present, familiar, preferred mechanical, habitual world that we push it away as a threat to our well-being - as if we ever had any well-being to begin with - but that’s how deluded we humans are.
The true answer therefore, must be studied along with an equally interested study in your resistance and rejection of what is brilliant because it's true."
Vernon Howard, from a talk given 10/26/1986

Let your natural sympathy for the poor and the needy open your purse, for these words held faith­fully will keep you always bountifully provided for: `The Almighty shall be thy defense and thou shalt have plenty of silver." ECH

The term vibration is interesting. Should the whole body vibrate? If you’re not a body then isn’t “a warm all over loving feeling” sufficient. Universal Energy (God energy) is freely available so how can we pay someone for it?

The Work at San Quentin @ http://www.thework.com/nl_feb13.html from The Byron Katie Newsletter February 2013 is good.
What would you see? The choice is given you. But learn and do not let your mind forget this law of seeing: you will look upon that which you feel within. If hatred finds a place within your heart, you will perceive a fearful world, held cruelly in death’s sharp-pointed, bony fingers. If you feel the Love of God within you, you look out upon a world of mercy and of love. Lesson 189 - I feel the Love of God within me now

 

No comments:

Post a Comment